Main | 40 Mins | Serves 4
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tsp Country Range Garlic Powder
- 2 Country Range Bay Leaves
- ½ tsp Country Range Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Country Range Cayenne Pepper
- 470g rice
- 12 fresh plum tomatoes, halved
- 15 olives
- 150g shelled broad beans or peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 lemon wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a paella pan or a large shallow frying pan and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the peppers and the fennel and continue to fry on a medium heat for about 6 minutes, or until soft and golden. Add the garlic powder and cook for a further minute.
- Add the bay leaves, smoked paprika, turmeric and cayenne pepper to the vegetables and stir well. Then add the rice and stir thoroughly for 2 minutes. Add the sherry and saffron powder. Boil for a minute then add the stock and season with salt and peppe
- Cover tightly with foil and simmer for about 15 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully remove the foil. Taste for seasoning but do not stir. Scatter the tomatoes, olives and broad beans or peas over the rice and re-cover the pan tightly with the foil. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil. Check that the bottom of the pan has a golden crisp layer and the rice is cooked through but retaining shape. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of parsley and lemon wedges.